Wednesday 2 March 2011

It's just too easy...

My goodness my children know how to demand my attention.
I was hoping to have my own daily blog with wonderous tales of the past and my tid bits of info posted, but I just can't seem to find the time.
I'm currently on maternity leave but have decided that while I'm home tending to my new bubba that I would follow up on some product training that is run through an online national program.... My goodness talk about frying my brain and my eyes.
I'm no stranger to a computer screen but usually on a far more relaxed and casual basis. But when it comes to listening and reading half hour tutorials ( half hr for each product and 50 categories with up to 10 products in each) then completing questionares at the end of a day that's been full of feeding burping changing a new bub along with adapting to a new behaveral plan for a crazy todler.
I give full kudos to the working from home mums out there.
I do confess that organisation isn't my strongest ability. I have a very "living in the now" approach to pretty much everything in my life. I wash clothes the day before if not morning of the day I need to wear that item. I wash dishes once I've run out of dishes to use. I make my kids something to eat when they are asking for food. Etc. 
Crazy part about all of that is I do see how living like that probably does make my life a little more overloaded (at least it keeps me constantly busy and nicely distracted) I just can't seem to get myself into the habit of doing things any other way. Why is that? 
I know exacly how to fix each of these problems. If I prepared lunch for my kids in the morning or night before while I was preping another meal or just before heading to bed, my following days duty of lunch would already be simpler. If I washed the days clothes at the end of the day my washing wouldn't be so huge that it took me a day or two to do. Etc. I guess the reason I do that is because well that's just me. In a way I can't see a point to changing when the way I do things still gets those jobs done. The end result is still the same. 
I do struggle though watching others do things in a different way to what I do. But only when I can see a faster and simpler way to complete that task. Oh how the mind works.  
Oh well everyone just keep doing what your doing just make sure your doing it my way (that's a joke for those a little too much on the serious side)
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment